Puerto Rico Animal Sterilization
If you need financial assistance for your owned animal to be spay or neutered, we first suggest you contact the groups closest to you, listed below. Most will offer assistance and suggestions of nearby discounted clinics for sterilization. Our Mission is to help un-owned or street animals.
If you need help with a rescued street animal please read our Rescue a Puerto Rican Animal Page. Defensa Animal de Rincon helps street animals rescued anywhere in Puerto Rico – we do not assist owned animals but these others might.
Around Rincon Puerto Rico
- ARF of Rincon email@example.com has a voucher program to offer discounted sterilization around Rincon (939) 697-8161
- Barks of Hope in Rincon may be able to help you.
- For very young dogs and cats we recommend The Pet Vet in Isabella at 787-872-0204 – they often have grants and discounts.
- For large dogs The Pet Vet Isabella is most economical at approx $75 flat rate (sex & weight doesn’t matter) – sometimes less than this if they have a grant.
- For small dogs Villa Michelle starts at $40 and charges upward basically $1 a pound 787-834-4510
- Cats are less expensive than dogs and we suggest you contact both of the above Vets to determine which is best for you.
- Find all the Vet information on our Puerto Rico Vets Page
San Juan Area (San Juan/Bayamon/Carolina/Guaynabo)
Dra. Monica G. Pagan (787) 249-0822 & (787) 397-1629 Discounted Vet Services including Spay & Neuter
Amigos de Animales – Located in San Juan area, rescues, rehabilitates and re homes abused and abandoned companion and farm animals, and also facilitates the rescue of such animals.
Save a Sato – Located in San Juan, offers veterinarian, shelter and assistance to homeless dogs.
All Sato Rescue – Located in San Juan, offering assistance to stray dogs.
Pet SOS – Located in San Juan area, offers assistance to stray dogs and cats.
Save a Gato – manages the colony of cats on the Paseo del Morro and the rest of Old San Juan through trap, neuter, and release.
The Pet Vet – Located at Playa Jobos in Isabela, 787-872-0204. Offers low cost neutering and spaying of cats and dogs. Assistance available for those in need and rescue groups through PAWS, Puerto Rico Animal Welfare Society, contact Noni Castellanos, firstname.lastname@example.org
West (Rincon/Mayaguez/Cabo Rojo/San Sebastian)
Animal Rescue Foundation of Rincon (ARF) – Located in Rincon, offers low cost spay and neutering, assistance for animal rescue.
Ponce Animal Rescue and Protection Services – Located in Ponce, provides temporary shelter, veterinary services for abused and neglected animals, investigates abuse. 787-844-8100
Second Chance Animal Rescue – Located in Villalba, rescue, rehabilitate, and locate forever homes for abandoned and neglected dogs.
Pets Alive Puerto Rico – A no kill shelter in Utuado, providing homes for neglected and abused animals.
East (Fajardo/Rio Grande/Humacao)
Island Dog – Located in Fajardo, assists in low cost spay and neuter, finding homes for neglected and homeless animals.
The Sato Project – Helping animals at ‘Dead Dog Beach’ in Yabucoa, offers assistance in rescuing dogs in the area.
Vieques Humane Society and Animal Rescue – Offers spay and neutering services and animal rescue for the animals of Vieques. 787.741.0209
Animal Welfare of Culebra (Facebook) – Offers spay and neutering assistance for homeless animals in Culebra.