Defensa Horse Class | Hope4Horses
Since 2014 Defensa has offered a Horse Class in Rincon for all ages and sizes. The purpose of the class is to inspire and educate more people to advocate for all horses in Puerto Rico – we are not a ‘riding school’ – we are a Federal and Puerto Rico Non Profit Animal Rescue Group.make a donation to support our work as written about in the Horse Nation Standing Ovation. More information after our photos
We highly recommend scheduling a pony, group or private ride with Rincon’s Pintos “R” Us Trail Rides if you are wanting to experience horseback riding in Rincon Puerto Rico. They offer beach and trail rides daily and year round by appointment only (787) 516-7090. PintosRUs and Defensa Rescue Horses in partnership via their Hope4Horses Horse Rescue Program
Working with horses can teach all ages to respect & rescue horses as well as teach patients, confidence, compassion for animals and tenaciousness! Our classes follow “Natural horsemanship” styles – no wiping or hitting.
Requirements/Notes for attending the Class
- Protective shoes – lace up tennis shoes or boots for students and parents of students 16 years or younger. Barefoot, flip flops or crocs are not allowed – sorry but horses accidentally step on toes.
- Release of Liability – You will need to sign a yearly Defensa Horse Class Waiver releasing Defensa, all of the volunteers and all of the property owners of any and all liability. If you can not print the waiver email us and we will send you an email to use as a release- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students Under 16 yrs Require Parents Attendance – During the full class please.
- A Donation – We’d like to inspire everyone who rides in class to make a small or large donation towards whichever Student Instructor helps you. A guildline is $5 (or more if you’d like) for a ride – NO DONATION required to pet, watch and learn. If you’d like to give a little something to our horses (that work so hard) …. we wouldn’t turn that down! Bananas, Apples or Cash 🙂 for Grain
- Riding is always limited to 175lbs or less but there are no limits to whom can learn to rescue, love, interact with and care for horses.
Note: Above requirements do not apply to Volunteers who help with Horse Rescue Projects nor to Student Instructors – Desmond, Gaby, Lila, Ari, Malia, Hailee, Lydia, Alexa & Patricia
Class Locations & Times do Vary. Please make sure you confirm your date and location via email to email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance, you are welcome to just show up but if you need help/information/confirm-there-is-room-for-you we need 24hours to respond.
- Puntas ‘Cuchillo de Pina’ – Class riding is here in Puntas off 413. If it is raining or a storm is on the radar/forecast class will be canceled.
- Puntas ‘At The Beach’ – Class starts here at the beach in Puntas close to ‘Playa Don Antonio/Casa Islena’, If it is raining or a storm is on the radar/forecast class will be canceled.
- Puntas ‘On the hill’ – Class starts here on the hill in Puntas. Please remember to park off to the side of the main road and not in the driveways of the people’s homes.
Depending on your lifestyle, owning a horse in Puerto Rico can be easy and affordable. If you want to learn how to find and own a horse in Puerto Rico please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org